Monday, March 25, 2013

#2 - 250313 - Vibrancy of Citylights



This year, Singapore participated in Earth Hour by turning off of the lights lighting the cityscape as a pledge to conserve our resources. I took this picture with long shutter of 123 seconds. Only possible on this night when the buildings had their lights turned off, such long exposure allowed me to take such image without overexposing the signs and lights. The skyline is visible and clear on this night, while the colours of the street lamps and other lights still gave a very vibrant and colourful splash in the reflection in the Marina Bay Reservoir.


As the lights were turned off for that hour, I was busying trying to capture the moment with my camera. But between those camera shutter releases, there were moments that prompt me to think what happens if every night had a Earth Hour at 0000hrs. Or what do these companies gain from participating this Earth Hour event. To many of us, it reminds us to reduce our consumption of energy whenever possible, but to big corporations how does it have a impact to their energy footprint? I do pause and ponder, what else can we do to contribute, not just as individuals, but as societies. Not just to pledge, but to actively participate in the movement to prevent the degradation of our environment and preventing of loss of our non-renewable resources.
Join me on

Join me on
Flickr:
Deviantart:




Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/chanpixelfactory

http://www.flickr.com/photos/geraldcch/


http://gersunchan.deviantart.com/